Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Deuces are Wild # 8

Ladies.  Gentlemen.  Let's Rock.


Looks like everyone enjoyed the Top Ten Countdown, or at least it inspired some argument, and who doesn't love a good argument.  I hope that everyone enjoys this post equally and I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts.  Also in this edition of Deuces are Wild there are a lot of video clips, specially place to make those of you that hate reading feel included.




MEDIA REVIEW


This weekend I saw the much anticipated Captain America and have some keen observations to share with you.  My greatest observation is, how truely under-rated Hugo Weaving is as an actor.  You may know him for his famous roles as Agent Smith in the Matrix trilogy, V in V for Vendetta, Elrond in Lord of the Rings, Megatron in Transformers and now the villain Red Skull in Captain America.  Hugo Weaving brings a much appreciated sinister evil-genius personality to his character.  An actor that makes you hate yourself for liking the villain is a brilliant actor.  Moving on to the grit of the movie.


Captain America had a solid, believable, entertaining story line and a solid supporting cast.  The visuals and cinematography were outstanding especially with a historical-fiction WWII setting.  The supernatural cult Nazi villains were an exciting match to the rookie Captain America.  My biggest complaint is Christopher Evans playing Captain America.  His acting is abysmal, painful to watch and at the same miserable level as Ryan Reynolds in the Green Lantern.  His female counterpart was a lovely edition to the visuals but she too contributed nothing to the story or the script.  All in all, Captain America was fun, the best way to put it is a hybrid of, Hellboy-Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow-Wolverine.
Captain America        EA:  89%     CW:  76%



I watched a second movie this weekend at the suggestion of one of our readers, Kill the Irishman.  Based on the true story of the Irishman Danny Green taking on the Cleveland Italian Mafia which began the demise of the Italian Mafia across the country.  This movie also had a fantastic supporting cast of Christopher Walken, Val Kilmer and Paul Sorvino to back up the lead, Ray Stevenson.  I don't really understand why this movie didn't do better in theaters.  It was suspenseful, action-packed and Danny Green is one of the toughest BAMFs (Bad-Ass-Mother-F**kers) ever.
Kill the Irishman        EA:  75%     CW:  83%


Now on to our new countdown, the worst movie quotes ever.  I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! I think I dug up some really good ones.  To make this more interesting I tried to pick quotes based on two criteria.  1)  Was the quote meant to be serious?  2)  Hype/ Success of movie or actor saying the quote.  I'll try and put these in some kind of order but they're all so bad it doesn't really matter.

TOP TEN COUNTDOWN    WORST MOVIE QUOTES


#10     Batman & Robin (1997)       Arnold Schwarzenegger 
"Let's kick some Ice."
Jump to :26s for Quote


#9     Face/Off (1997)        John Travolta


"It's like looking in a mirror, only not."

Movie Videos & Movie Scenes at MOVIECLIPS.com


#8     Ghost (1990)         Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore

"I love you, I've always loved you.""Ditto"

 
Jump to 2:22 for Quote.

#7     X-Men (2000)        Halle Berry 

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else!"
 Jump to 2:00 for Quote

#6     Star Wars: A New Hope (1983)     Mark Hamil
"I'm Luke Skywalker.  I'm here to rescue you."
Quote is in the beginning. 

The last five quotes will be in the next edition of Deuces are Wild.



TIP/ TRICK OF THE DAY
Car Dealer Secret
This code is usually located somewhere on the price tag of New cars.


GADGET OF THE DAY


Today's Gadget of the Day may be more appealing to some than others.  And I know we all have seen simple versions of this most Genius Under-Rated Gadget, but take a moment to take in and appreciate the complexity of this AWESOMENESS!  Dare I say.... wedding present idea?! 




LAUGH OF THE DAY


What if you actually said what you were thinking in an Interview?
This might be what it would look like. 


 
   1. Why did you apply for this job?  I have applied for many jobs along with this one and it's just that you called me first.



2. Why do you want to work for this company?  I have to work for some company, whoever gives me a job, I don't have any specific company in mind.


3. Why should I hire you?  You have to hire some one, you may give me a try.


4. What would you do if this happened?  Well, it depends on my mindset and mood in that situation...


5. What is your biggest strength?  I dare to join any company who pays me well, without thinking about the fate of company.


6. What is your biggest weakness?  Girls


7. What was your worst mistake and how did you learn from it?  Joining my earlier company and I learnt that I need to switch my job to get more money, so I am here today.


8. What accomplishments in your last position are you most proud of?  Had I accomplished any in my last position, why do I need to change my job? I could demand more and stay there.


9. Describe a challenge that you faced and how did you overcome it?  Biggest challenge is answering the question "why are you looking for a change" and I started blabbering irrelevantly to overcome that.


10. Why did you leave/ are you leaving your last job?  For the same reason why you left your previous job.


11. What do you want from this job?  No work and good hikes.


12. What are your career goals and how do you plan to achieve them?  Making more money and for that I keep switching jobs every two years.


13. What do you know about our company?  I knew you will ask me this question. So, I've gone through your website.


14. What salary are you expecting?  Well, no one will change his job for the same salary, hence, give me 20% extra than what I am getting right now. I know you will bargain on whatever I ask. So I have already hiked my current salary by 30%.

3 comments:

  1. Interview questions - BRILLIANT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interview questions. And here is a fitting bad quote..."let's hear it for captain America" that line was so cheesy in its context
    -JT

    ReplyDelete
  3. really enjoyed the dealership price tag thing. super simple. some of the quotes i didnt see as too unreasonable???maybe just me

    ReplyDelete