Total Pageviews

Friday, July 1, 2011

Deuces are Wild #2 01Jul11

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

Lets talk music today.  More specifically, websites to stream from.  Everyone has heard of Pandora.  Pandora is OVER.RATED. The concept is nice but they haven't adapted and their mobile app is too buggy.  Here are some better websites that I use daily and why I think they're better than Pandora.

Grooveshark http://grooveshark.com/#/
Grooveshark allows the user to search any song and play it immediately rather than waiting until the fourth or fifth song to hear what you originally wanted to hear.  They can do this because the songs are submitted by the users.  Reason number B that makes it better than Pandora, you can save songs to your account like making an iTunes Library.  And lastly it has a radio function that plays songs similar to the other songs on the playlist exactly like Pandora.  The only con I have found is you have to pay for their mobile app and its not cheap. A whopping $9 a month, forget that! my Netflix account is only $8/month.

8tracks http://8tracks.com/
8tracks is a hit or miss website, you're either gonna love it or hate it.  8tracks is once again a user submitted website where you can pretty much play the song you want on demand.  However, there is a deeper concept.   The music is set up into playlists.  A minimum of 8 songs per list hence "8tracks"  I don't know if their is a max number of songs, but I haven't seen anything higher than 60 songs, average is about 20.  Which is nice if you're only listening to music for an hour or so here and there.  8tracks was originally set up to list playlists that are organized by a mood.  Which is interesting ranging from "lazy rainy days" to "Dubstep to Fuck to", and at first I didn't know how to feel about it.  However I love it, there are so many great playlists and if you don't like it find a new one.  The only con I have with this is the same one I have with Pandora you can only skip three of four songs per playlist.  An app for android is in the makings.

Here is the catch.  Double team the music website.  Use 8tracks to introduce you to new music then search it and save it on Grooveshark.  Both websites are obviously free but who knows for how long.  Get grandfather in while you can.

I love new music, new websites let me know if you find anything!

Stay Classy, Deuces, OUT!

2 comments:

  1. I love the fact that you're blogging! I'll follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is your first blog. That's cool 'cause it's one more than I've ever done. I suggest you start off tryin' to keep it to PG-13. It can still be adult and on topic without pushing it. Then see where it goes. Thanks for the tips on Grooveshark and 8tracks.

    ReplyDelete